Pesky Pigeon Pests
Merely hoping they’ll fly the coop isn’t going to fix your pigeon problem. These “junk” birds can create quite a nuisance. Pigeons live in urban areas because there are relatively few predators and a constant supply of food, so pigeons can quickly become a large flock and an annoying presence. Pigeon poop can spread common pigeon diseases, attracts rodents, blocks gutters, and corrodes structures. Here are a few ideas to shoo pigeons away.
Weekly Pest Control Deals
Rare Colt Industries Teleshot bird control tear gas aerial flares 12ga shell box
$20.00 (1 Bid)
End Date: Sunday Mar-9-2014 18:46:09 PDT
BIRD X IRRI TAPE BIRD REPELLENT DETERRENT SCARECROW GET RID OF 25 ROLL NEW
End Date: Wednesday Mar-19-2014 19:45:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $7.29
Bird X TAPE 25 Irri Tape Bird Repellent Ribbon Free Shipping New
End Date: Sunday Mar-23-2014 18:57:32 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $7.87
60M190ftx15mm06 Bird repellent flash tape protect garden farm crop orchard
End Date: Wednesday Mar-12-2014 1:20:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.20
New 25 BIRD X Irri Tape NATURAL Bird Repellent Deterrent Ribbon Scarecrow
End Date: Sunday Mar-23-2014 7:59:27 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.80
Copper Mesh For rodent control bird control and slug snail control
End Date: Monday Mar-31-2014 10:10:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $27.95
- Pigeon Exclusion Methods
- Spikes: Pigeon spikes on rooftops, eaves, and tops of signs make it nearly impossible for pigeons to land on a structure.
- Nets: Nets blocking rooftops or eave hangovers also make landing spots inaccessible.
- Bird Slope: Sloped panels attached to eaves, rooftops, and gutters make landing more of a slip-n-slide ordeal.
- Decoys: Scare the birds away with 3-D decoys that look just like their predators; effective decoys for pigeons may include owls and hawks.
- Metallic Teasers: Iridescent, shiny metals confuse and temporarily blind birds.
- Sonic Devices: There are some effective products on the market that emit a high-pitched, panicked bird call which warns birds to flee the area.
Above all, do not feed the birds (like the Mary Poppins song suggests). Feeding pigeons will make things much worse and could also create a rodent problem. It’s best to eliminate the food source and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.