Bird Mites Treatment
Once a bird mite enters your home it will only be a matter of time before hundreds or thousands more join it. Because the parasite is so difficult to detect with a human eye, it is vitally important that preventative measures are taken. The following is bird mites treatment you can do at home:
- Yes, bird feeders and birdhouses are quaint, but they will naturally attract birds into your yard. Although not all birds carry the bird mite, you do not want to take a chance, especially if you live in a warm, humid area. Remove any feeder, bath or birdhouse and cut tree limbs back to dissuade nest building.
- If you do have a nest, make sure to remove promptly when it becomes empty. Take extra precautions by wearing long clothing and gloves. Do not for any reason take the empty nest into your home.
- Air conditioning units can be a popular nesting ground for birds; surround the outside with aluminum foil to prevent nesting.
- It is important that you vacuum daily, especially in the carpet where the mites easily hide.
- Vinegar should become your closest companion as you give your home a thorough cleaning; wash walls, ceilings, nooks and crannies with diluted vinegar (you can add other ingredients such as citrus or rubbing alcohol as well for an even more powerful formula).
- If possible get rid of old fabric furniture and exchange with more synthetic materials (leather is also advised).
- Professional fumigation will most likely be necessary in the event of a full infestation (be sure that your pest professional does a checkup in case of any missed eggs).
Weekly Pest Control Deals
ME08 PRONTO PLUS BEDBUGS DUST MITE KILLER TRAVEL SIZE 3 0Z SPRAY bed bugs
End Date: Tuesday Apr-22-2014 14:47:35 PDT
1 ounce floramite sc mite control ovacide Miticide concentrated product
End Date: Sunday Apr-27-2014 11:32:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Floramite SC Miticide Hydro Spider Mite Control Safe on Beneficial Insects 8 oz
End Date: Sunday Apr-27-2014 21:23:59 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $95.75
That Stuff Mighty Wash Spider Mite Control Quart 32 oz ounce
End Date: Wednesday Apr-30-2014 17:31:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.55
NPK Industries Mighty Wash Spider Mite Control Gallon 1 gal 128 oz
End Date: Sunday Apr-27-2014 17:12:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $41.03
NPK Industries Mighty Wash Spider Mite Control Quart 32 oz ounce
End Date: Sunday Apr-27-2014 17:12:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.60
Suggested Personal Bird Mites Treatment
After you have been singled out as a host, these parasites can be relentless. Their prime time to attack is at night while their host is sleeping. There are a number of different suggestions for how to keep the mites off during the night and remove any lingering ones the next day.
- The first step is to make your bedroom as clean as possible.
- You will need to pick up any pile of clothes or storage and find another place for them high off the ground.
- Scrub walls and floors with heavy-duty sanitizer.
- Move the bed away from any walls, as the mites like to hide among the floor runners.
- Dryer sheets are a known deterrent, so place between sheets.
- Wash your bed sheets regularly!
- These parasites are especially attracted to your groin and face because of the amount of CO2 and warmth associated with ears, nose and mouth. Take extra precautions before falling asleep to limit the amount of contact the mites have with you.
- Take a thorough shower before going to bed and use tar-based shampoo. It is also recommended that you sleep with a covering over your hair and women sleep with their hair up in a bun.
- Rub a thick substance on your face (Vaseline or petroleum jelly should do the trick). Make sure it doesn’t get in your eyes
- If serious enough, some have suggested wearing flea collars and swim goggles to bed.
- Invest in quality earplugs and wear every night.
- You should establish a routine every morning; this should include gargling mouthwash, using a lint roller on YOU, and flushing out your nasal cavities and ears with hydrogen peroxide.
- When doing laundry use the hottest water settings and put extra bleach or color-safe bleach in to soak with clothes.
- If you own pets take them in for regular veterinarian visits to check for bird mites or other parasites.