Bed Bug Rash Treatment
Bed bug bites that develop into a bed bug rash can cause a very irritating itch. A sign of a bed bug rash is many small or raised bumps. They will often appear in a clustered pattern or in a row as bed bugs typically feed multiple times at the exact same location.
While the rash itself it not harmful to one’s health, the itch needs to be treated. The itching and discomfort of the rash can be treated with steroid creams and oral antihistamines. Hydrocortisone cream, for example, is recommended, and lower-strength creams may be purchased over-the-counter. If the cream doesn’t work, a doctor may write a prescription for a stronger dose.
These treatments are also recommended:
- Optimal creams containing a mixture of pramoxine and diphendrydramine
- Lotions and creams with benzyl alcohol
- Calamine lotion
- If not allergic to Aspirin, a cotton ball dipped into an Alka-Seltzer solution can be rubbed onto the rash
- Oral steroids like Prednisone, which needs a doctor’s prescription
- Benadryl, taken before bed
- The affected area may be washed with soap and hot water, then an anesthetic lotion or cream may be applied liberally. Ice may then be applied to the area to avoid welting or swelling. This regimen should be repeated every six to eight hours until symptoms calm down.
Weekly Pest Control Deals
134 5 neat old BED BUG KILLER POISON bottle labels SPOKANE WA Columbia Labs
$5.50 (2 Bids)
End Date: Thursday Mar-13-2014 20:13:01 PDT
HARRIS BED BUG KILLER POWDER 8 OZ Roaches Fleas Earwigs Silverfish Ants HDE 8
End Date: Thursday Mar-13-2014 10:05:44 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $6.49
All Natural Safe Bed Bug Killer 1 Gal Rest Easy Bed Bug Spray Kills Repels
End Date: Tuesday Mar-25-2014 6:22:03 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $53.99
Temprid SC INSECTICIDE 400 ML BED BUG KILLER Pesticide professional
End Date: Tuesday Apr-1-2014 1:52:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.00
HARRIS BED BUG KILLER SPRAY GEL 1 GALLON
End Date: Monday Mar-10-2014 9:01:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.99
bed bug killer 8 oz kills bugs in 48 hours NEW product natural
End Date: Thursday Mar-13-2014 22:14:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.95
If you are not sure what is causing the rash, it’s best to call a physician. It’s also best to call a doctor if there are signs of a secondary infection. While rare, there have been instances of systematic allergic reactions, which affect the whole body. A doctor is best seen in this case as well.
Linens should be washed promptly, and areas where bed bug would reside should be vacuumed regularly and thoroughly. The vacuum bag should be placed outside in a sealed garbage bag, even if the vacuum bag is not totally full.
It is important to remember that a bed bug problem will persist until effective pest control methods are employed to eliminate the bed bug population.