Bed Bug Rash Treatment
Bed bug bites that develop into a bed bug rash can cause a very irritating itch. A sign of a bed bug rash is many small or raised bumps. They will often appear in a clustered pattern or in a row as bed bugs typically feed multiple times at the exact same location.
While the rash itself it not harmful to one’s health, the itch needs to be treated. The itching and discomfort of the rash can be treated with steroid creams and oral antihistamines. Hydrocortisone cream, for example, is recommended, and lower-strength creams may be purchased over-the-counter. If the cream doesn’t work, a doctor may write a prescription for a stronger dose.
These treatments are also recommended:
- Optimal creams containing a mixture of pramoxine and diphendrydramine
- Lotions and creams with benzyl alcohol
- Calamine lotion
- If not allergic to Aspirin, a cotton ball dipped into an Alka-Seltzer solution can be rubbed onto the rash
- Oral steroids like Prednisone, which needs a doctor’s prescription
- Benadryl, taken before bed
- The affected area may be washed with soap and hot water, then an anesthetic lotion or cream may be applied liberally. Ice may then be applied to the area to avoid welting or swelling. This regimen should be repeated every six to eight hours until symptoms calm down.
Weekly Pest Control Deals
JT EATON MATTRESS SPRAY BED BUG KILLER BEDBUG INSECT
End Date: Friday Aug-1-2014 8:27:45 PDT
JT EATON Bed Bug Killer Spray 1 Gal BedBug Mattress Bed Bug Home Spray BedBugs
End Date: Sunday Aug-3-2014 12:25:18 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $30.49
NEW PF Harris Mfg HDE 8 Bed Bug Killer Powder Effective And Long Lasting
End Date: Wednesday Aug-6-2014 9:29:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.98
Diatomaceous Earth Powder Ant Crawling Insect Bed Bug Killer Safer Brand 5168
End Date: Friday Aug-1-2014 12:27:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.52
Vapamore MR 100 Primo Vapor Bed Bug Killer Steam Cleaner Refurbished
End Date: Wednesday Aug-6-2014 14:58:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $249.00
EcoSmart Organic Bed Bug Repellent Kills on Contact Safe for Kids 275 OZ
End Date: Friday Aug-1-2014 16:04:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $6.95
If you are not sure what is causing the rash, it’s best to call a physician. It’s also best to call a doctor if there are signs of a secondary infection. While rare, there have been instances of systematic allergic reactions, which affect the whole body. A doctor is best seen in this case as well.
Linens should be washed promptly, and areas where bed bug would reside should be vacuumed regularly and thoroughly. The vacuum bag should be placed outside in a sealed garbage bag, even if the vacuum bag is not totally full.
It is important to remember that a bed bug problem will persist until effective pest control methods are employed to eliminate the bed bug population.